Friday, April 16, 2010

Jennifer & Joey at the Park...

I had the pleasure of photographing Jennifer & Joey at Onondaga Lake Park a few days ago. Dad even joined us for a little bit. They booked one of my Mothers Day Specials and we had a great time capturing some new memories and even a few "Mommy Moments" for them.

I'm not one for the cheesy, boring, posed portraits so always prefer to shoot kids and families outdoors on location rather than in the studio. It just makes for real and natural images and thats what I want to capture. The kids can be themselves and just enjoy the experience.

And I'm pretty sure four year old Joey was one of the fastest kids I've ever shot, lol. Just when I would get the camera up to my eye, he would take off and move on to explore something else. Thankfully I'm pretty fast too!

My oldest daughter Kayla also joined us to capture the session on video and created a beautiful montage for the family. Click here to watch their video. Mom said she cried a little bit when she watched it and to be completely honest, I did too!














No comments: