Monday, September 8, 2008

Scammer: Update...

Okay if you remember my previous post I was a victim of a scammer. A man from Morrocco had accessed my account at Dreamstime by somehow figuring out my password. He then changed my e-mail address and account information.

Anyways, I went through all of my stock sites and new I had a problem when I got to I stock photo. When I tried to sign in my user name would not work. So I e-mailed support and told them I believed my account had been compromised. They e-mailed me back to verify some information, etc. They also wanted to know what stock site tipped me off to the possible problem. To make a long story short. They did get into my I stock account and took my money. It was only $100 but still. It was my money and if you are familiar with Istock, it takes quite a while to make a $100 because it is microstock. If I knew I had reached a $100 I would have cashed it in but I don't check my accounts that often,

I am hoping that I stock will return the $100 to me even though it is not their fault. I will let you know if they do. Lesson learned: Don't use the same password for everything, change them frequently.

No comments: